Nevada POLST Board of Directors
The Nevada POLST Board of Directors is composed of individuals and health care professionals who have a long history of patient advocacy and dedication to the objectives of Nevada POLST: promoting the autonomy and values of patients at the end of life.
Current efforts of the Nevada POLST Board are focused on education, implementation of the Nevada POLST Program, quality assurance and endorsement by the POLST Paradigm. The POLST Paradigm is the nationwide organization for POLST promotion, quality standards and program development.
The following are current members of the Nevada POLST Coalition:
- Peggy Ewald, RN, CCM, President. Director, Clinical Operations, Geriatric Specialty Care
- Mary-Ann Brown, MSN, Vice-President. Director, Palliative Care, Renown Health
- Steve L Phillips, MD, Treasurer. President, Geriatric Specialty Care
- Sally Hardwick, MS, Secretary. Previously the Director of the Nevada Center for Ethics & Health Policy and faculty in the Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Nevada, Reno.
- Peter Reed, PhD, MPH. Director, Sanford Center for Aging, University of Nevada, Reno
- Shelly Huston,LSW, CCM ,CCP MBA-HCM. Palliative Care Program of Dignity Health, St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, Las Vegas.
- Tracy Hood, MSN, RN, CFRN. Care Flight Clinical Development/CQI Coordinator.