Resources & Research
Because the POLST form has been in use for over 15 years now and adopted by a growing number of states, the body of research and resources related to POLST is also growing. Below, please find links to sources that addressing the POLST Paradigm and POLST programs in other states, policy development, education, patient and provider literature, legal concerns and other pertinent information. Please check back often as we will be updating this page as additional information is available.
Should you find a helpful resource that you think would be of benefit to others and is not listed below, please send your suggestion to the Nevada POLST Coalition.
- What You Need to Know – An information sheet for patients
- Starting the Conversation – How to talk to your loved ones about end of life
- POLST Stories – Listen to the experiences of others
Health Care Provider Resources:
- POLST Step-by-Step – The POLST form broken down section by section.
- POLST Quick Reference Guide and Appropriate POLST Use Policy– These documents together will assure conformance to the National POLST Paradigm best practice standards.
- POLST Provider FAQ brochure, a quick summary – procedural and legal aspects in PDF form. Please also refer to the back of the new form (#09.09.17), if you have questions during completion of the POLST form.
- Provider FAQs – a more complete FAQ, than the brochure, to answer more provider questions. Please also refer to the back of the new form (#09.09.17), if you have questions during completion of the POLST form..
- POLST and Advance Directives – if they have one, they may still need the other.
- Billing for POLST consultation
- Living Will Lockbox and HealtHIE Nevada – if the POLST isn’t available, it won’t be useful. Be sure other providers have access to your patients’ POLSTs.