POLST Provider Training
Nevada POLST, through this website, is the only POLST authorized trainers in Nevada. Be sure you understand the Nevada POLST Program by participating in one of our training methods.
Please note: New POLST legislation in June 2017 has necessitated a new POLST form, which is now available to order on this website.
Nevada POLST education is available online through webinars; these require participation on a computer and also the option of CEUs currently for nursing and social work, YouTube videos (only the original form is currently covered), one for EMS and another for providers and facilities. Nevada POLST is a program, not just a form. For the success of this program, that is, to reduce the stress and confusion of patients, providers, and families in determining the appropriate level of treatment at the end of life, education is critical.
Nevada POLST Webinars
Nevada POLST Overview training covers: (see below for training dates/times)
- The history and reach of POLST
- Who qualifies as a POLST patient
- How to have a comfortable advance care planning conversation
- The difference between and relationship of POLST and advance directives
- Completion of the POLST form
- How to avoid confusing or conflicting POLST orders
- Legal considerations of the Nevada POLST Program
- Research regarding the effectiveness of POLST
Nevada POLST Update training covers: (see below for training dates/times)
- Important aspects of the Nevada POLST program that have not changed
- New legislative requirements
- The new Nevada POLST form
- Requirements for completing the new Nevada POLST form
Webinar Training Dates:
If you are not available for any of these times or dates, please contact Nevada POLST noting days and times the following month that you would be available and we will make every effort to set a class to accommodate your request.
New training dates will be posted by the 15th of the month preceding the trainings. For example, May trainings will be posted by April 15.
OVERVIEW Webinar: 1.5 hrs. CEUs available: Nursing, social work.
- Friday, June 8th: 10 AM – 11:30 AM (1.5 Hr)
- Tuesday, June12th: 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM (1.5 Hrs)
- Friday, June 15th: 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM (1.5 Hrs)
- Thursday, June 28th: 7:00 AM – 8:30 AM (1.5 Hrs)
UPDATE Webinar: 1 hr. CEUs available: Nursing, social work
- Thursday, June 7th: Noon – 1:00 PM (1 Hr)
- Monday, June 11th: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM (1 Hr)
- Thursday, June 14th: 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM (1 Hr)
- Tuesday, June 26th: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM (1 Hr)
Register for a Webinar with or without CEUs.…Click here to register for one of the Webinars listed above.
Nevada POLST Video training
Video training is currently only available for the original Nevada POLST form and legislation (form #111913). In addition, the video training does not offer CEUs. For nursing and social work CEUs, please refer to the Nevada POLST Webinars.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) POLST training, click here.
Healthcare Providers or Facilities POLST training, click here. The video is 27 minutes long. It is recommended that you have a copy of the POLST form with you to reference while you watch the training and that you take note of any questions you may have, then contact us for any clarifications or other information you may need.
For community education (patients, families, the general public) send us your request in an email with specifics about the event, how many people you expect and where the event will be.
For questions regarding any of the information presented in the videos or additional information about Nevada POLST please explore our site or contact us by email.